Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Romantic words for Valentine's...
See if you can squeeze some new vocabulary into your conversations with your main squeeze.



• acushla: Dear heart; darling. [Irish, heart’s pulse]

• adamate: To love dearly. [Latin, to love dearly]

• amative: Disposed to loving. [Latin, to love]

• cardiognost: One who knows the heart. [Greek, heart + knowing]

• cordiloquy: A speaking from the heart. [Greek, heart + speech]

• inamorate: To inspire with love. [Italian, to enamor]

• machree: My heart, my beloved. [Irish, my heart]

• macushla: My dear heart; my darling. [Irish, my heart’s pulse]

• minikin: Sweetheart, darling. [Dutch, sweetheart]

• redamancy: Loving in return. [Latin, to love back]

• verticordious: Heart-turning. [Latin, turner of hearts =Venus]



I really wish I were this smart, but alas - I am not. These romantic words are from verbmall.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Book Look Column Author said...

That was very verticordius. I am not sure how many I can use in a future book review but I am going to try.